HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

I have a30" freestanding gas range and I was trying to use

Customer Question

I have a30" freestanding gas range and I was trying to use the oven . I put in the desired temp and hit start. it made a click like it usually does but never ignited. I read it could take up to 60 seconds to light. It usually lights right away. Could it be the safety control valve not opening or is the igniter not heating up. It is on propane and plugged into a 110 volt outlet. Everything on the digital display is on and working.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU a very experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now.

Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money.

What is the make and complete model off the unit?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
maytag 30" gas range I think the model number is *****
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

The model number is ***** a tag on the frame when you pull open the drawer or door and starts with letters

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model # ***** Serial # *****
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Ok see if the broiler works when set to broil, if it does replace the ignitor it is bad or burned out.

CLICK HERE FOR PART and there is a help video as well for you

The only way I receive any credit at all for my time is by you selecting a STAR USING THE 5 STAR or VOTING RATING SYSTEM AT THE TOP OF YOUR PAGE before you leave for me so please make sure you are rating me not another tech. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks GURU

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the broiler wont come either.
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

OK do you have a volt meter to check the voltage at the ignitor?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i would have to borrow one. do I check for continuity
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Check and see if you get 120 volts to the ignitor wires when you have it set to bake/

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok I will get the voltmeter in the morning and check it for 120v
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Ok cool and just reply back to me APPLIANCE GURU.....often other experts try to come in to post and it can confuse the issue just ask for me always .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok I will ask for you. thanks for your help.
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

No problem

Talk to you soon! Appliance Guru

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I pulled out the bottom of the oven and turned it to bake and the igniter doesn't even burn red or glow. in order to check voltage due I take the igniter loose and test it on the male electrical connector.
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Yes test across the two wire connector to it

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
disconnected and turned to bake and it read 123 volts