airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

Matt. I have a Lennox G43UF that is not igniting. I followed

Customer Question

Matt. I have a Lennox G43UF that is not igniting. I followed the steps on this site and I measured the voltage from the circuit board and it was at to the ignitor harness. I was reading about 118 volts, so not quite 120v. Is this enough voltage?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: When the furnace turns on the inducer motor runs, and it runs for a few minutes then shuts off flashing an alternating red and green light.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — HVAC Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did not see any glow from the ignitor in the site glass. One other problem I can't figure out how to get the ignitor out. The wires go into the burner box, but there is no screw to hold it in. I don't know if I'm supposed to open the burner box, it seems like it is sealed pretty tight.
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

118v should be sufficient for igniter to glow.We need to get to it to see if maybe it is burned.

Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Looking for a picture showing the igniter, there should be a bracket holding it in front of first burner.May have to remove a panel to get to it.

Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Unable to find a pic. If you can take a pic of the burner box about 18" away I should be able to help you locate the ignitor and how to remove it to check it for crack or burned place.