HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

Ranco Pressure Control on my antique refrigerator, I need to

Customer Question
Ranco Pressure Control on my...
Ranco Pressure Control on my antique refrigerator
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I need to set the left and right side so that the temperatures are correct. Currently, the refrigerator is keeping thing cold by cycling on and off a lot
JA: OK got it. Last thing — HVAC Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello?
3/10/2016
HVAC Technician: Gaztech, HVAC Technician replied 1 year ago
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician

It is getting power cause its getting hot, regardless of resistance it is stuck.

Replace compressor,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's not getting hot and the compressor was replaced late last year. I need to know which way to turn the dials on the top of the Ranco unit to get the desired temperature range.

Sorry wrote to you by mistake.

HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 1 year ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, so far it should like you have a model number 1402 ranco low pressure control, those have two knobs on the top. and some instructions on the on the face of the control under the pointers that says, 'cut in is cut out minus the differential' or similar.

Let me know the exact working, and where each pointer is set at, we can go from there.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK....I will have to take a look when I get home this evening. I had to leave and come to work this morning. I will respond to this in the evening.

That will work, I am in until 10 pm west coast time.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks Phil....I had the refrigerator rebuilt last year. What started all this was it started running really cold a month or so ago. I moved it out from the wall and found a large build up of dust on the fan in the back. I cleaned it off and the fridge ran fine after that. The problem was that I "fiddled" with the dials on top of the Ranco before cleaning off the dust in the back. Now I can't seem to get them set right. It runs for short spurts and keeps things cold but I know the cycle should be longer with more of a span in temperatures between low and high. My refrigerator guy retired and I can't contact him any longer. I will get online when I get home this evening and be in touch with you. I am on Mountain Standard Time.

Hello again, sometimes one or both knobs on top are removed, tell me what each knob, or the single remaining knob, says on top ......and if there is an arrow on the knob that says "increase. decrease, colder or warmer'... get me some photo's of the top showing the knobs as viewed from the top, and the front of the control with beige plastic cover removed, (the older covers are black painted metal)... it will be one or the other.

We can go from there.

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer