HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

My Hydro-Heat system requires turning the power off before

Customer Question
making hot water. After...
My Hydro-Heat system requires turning the power off before making hot water. After waiting about 30 to 45 seconds the pump kicks in and hot water is available shortly. Seems to possibly be a relay fault. My manufacturer is out of business so parts from them is not possible. I can use some of your expertise. Thanks. Glen
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
3/9/2016
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 1 year ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

You have a hot water fan coil connected to a gas fired water heater that is used for both heat and DHW (domestic hot water)? If so I need pictures of the heater and associated piping. You can post pics here by clicking on ADD FILES next to the SEND button.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Rick--thanks for answering. My system is all electric. I will send some pictures that I hope will help you with a diagnosis. I attempted to show spec numbers but fear they won't show up in the picture. The model # ***** HM (15KW). Again, the system is a Hydro Heat.. Thanks--Glen Eden P.S. We are not very computer savvy and have struggled to get these pictures sent.
002.JPG002.JPG003.JPG003.JPG004.JPG004.JPG005.JPG005.JPG006.JPG006.JPG007.JPG007.JPG008.JPG008.JPG

Ok, not what I was expecting. I'm not familiar with this config. I'm going to open this up to my colleagues so one of them can help. Please don't respond (even to acknowledge this post)until you get a response from us. If you respond first it will only delay your answer.

HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 1 year ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, we can dig into this as deeply and without any time limit as you like, I need to know a lot about your technical skills working with appliances, and if you have a multi meter or not.

I also need to know about how old the unit is (life span on those averages about 15 years).

If you want to dig into the electronics, I will need a close up photo of the electrical wiring diagram focused really well, because I will be enlarging it, and if its too small or not perfectly focused it will blow up into an unreadable blob.

We can go from there.

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer