HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Model 600 water doesn't flow on winter setting. Butterfly…

Customer Question
Model 600 water doesn't flow...
Model 600 water doesn't flow on winter setting. Butterfly valve open, needle valve on heater water outlet opened/closed twice, new evaporator plate, no kinks, line to humidifier cleaned-can't check sealed control between heater water and line on top of evaporator- what else can I do? Unit is at least 13 years old.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
3/8/2016
HVAC Technician: Gaztech, HVAC Technician replied 2 years ago
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician

Hello, here's what I come across when no water flow.

First thing I is call for heat at thermostat to energies what you call needle valve, it is a solenoid actuator that opens with 24volts when there is a call for heat , then make sure call for humidification is set on dial.

Open front cover on your humidifier and check for water coming out of tube on top of your evaporator plate. if no water, your needle valve is clogged with water contaminants, or check if you got 24v going to that needle valve with a volt meter. if you dont have a volt meter rotate your humidifier control back and forth and listen if valve is coming on and off. If it does make a sound and still no water replace valve.

Last thing is you can loosen nut on your butterfly valve to make sure there is acctually water pressur there.

NOTE TO CUSTOMER: Please take the time to "Rate" the service from the technician. If they are not rated they are not credited for assisting. If you require further information please use "reply".

Gaztech
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician