HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I'm having trouble completing a series circuit, on my

Customer Question
furnace mounted humidifier. The following is...
I'm having trouble completing a series circuit, on my furnace mounted humidifier.
The following is what I have connected: From the 24v. transformer to the stat. From the stat to the solenoid on the humidifier. The humidifier diagram shows that the other side of the solenoid goes to what they call a sensing relay for the motor.
The furnace wiring diagram shows a (humid contact) on control board which is 110 volt. How can I complete this 24 volt circuit? If I can, I will send a picture of the furnace control board.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
3/7/2016
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 2 years ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU a very experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now.

Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money.

Lastly the only way to credit me "APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU" is to STAR RATE my post......NOT another TECHS when we are finished otherwise I will receive no credit.....Thank you!

Yes can you send me a picture of the board?

I am sending you two attachments
A ladder diagram and a schematic.

I will check over your docs tonight and get back to you

It has been three days since I asked my question. If I
am not going to get a timely answer, please pass my
question to someone else.

I sent you responses about this, but there have been site issues and I see you did not get them....Let me see if another expert can help as I typed a lot of information that now is lost.

HVAC Technician: Tim H., HVAC Professional replied 2 years ago
Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need. Please be patient as many times we work with several customers at once.

If you have a terminal on board that puts out 120 volts with a call for heat, use these terminals to power a humidifier 24 volt transformer, then run that through the humidistat, out again, to one side of the solenoid. The other side of transformer will go directly to the other lead on solenoid.

Let me know if you got this OK.

Did you still need assistance with this?