HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have installed a rebuilt Venstar T5900. It won'r cool

Customer Question
below 72 degrees no matter...
I have installed a rebuilt Venstar T5900. It won'r cool below 72 degrees no matter how low i set the temperature. A second T5900 is working fine. Might there be a setting that would prevent the unit from cooling?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
3/7/2016
HVAC Technician: Kcrand36, HVAC Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Kcrand36
Kcrand36, HVAC Mechanic

good Afternoon Stephen, I am Kevin....

You are talking about the thermostat, the T5900, and state that you have two of them, are they both connected to the same air handler?

No, 2 separate air handlers.

Ok, just a statement, if you set your thermostat at 75, and it doesn't cool to 75 degrees, setting it to 72 will not make it any colder. The thermostat is only a switch to turn on and off the heat or cooling cycle. I think you need to look at the unit which is not cooling. the simple things you can look at are the air filter, is the outdoor unit running as well? Each indoor unit has an outdoor condensing unit unless it is geothermal or self contained.

Ok, let me check this out.

let me know what you find out there.