HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

I'm trying to change my intertherm thermostat to a Honeywell

Customer Question

Hey I'm trying to change my intertherm thermostat to a Honeywell pro3000 thermostat but my original one only have a red wire and a white wire can u help me
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Well my intertherm thermostat stops working and I have to keep tapping I guess the points for it to come on and work then it will work a while then I'll have to tap again for it to work
JA: Is there anything else the HVAC Technician should be aware of?
Customer: I only have heat but the thermostat I'm replacing with is a digital heat/cooling thermostat can I do that
JA: Sometimes HVAC issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The HVAC Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $13 after the HVAC Technician responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU a very experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now.

Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money.

Lastly the only way to credit me "APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU" is to STAR RATE my post......NOT another TECHS when we are finished otherwise I will receive no credit.....Thank you!

ANSWER.

Ok all you need to do is CONNECT THE RED wire to eh RH terminal on the HONEYWELL and WHITE wire to the W terminal that is it. If you need more help post back to me.

The only way I receive any credit at all for my time is by you selecting a STAR using the 5 STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave for me so please make sure you are rating me not another tech. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks GURU