HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My oil burner has fuel, I can see the mist, but it won't…

Customer Question
My oil burner has...

My oil burner has fuel, I can see the mist, but it won't ignigt, I have replaced the ignigter, control box, and electrodes. I don't see and trouble codes in the main box

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.

Burner won't ignigt

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
3/5/2016
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 2 years ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU a very experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now.

Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money.

Lastly the only way to credit me "APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU" is to STAR RATE my post......NOT another TECHS when we are finished otherwise I will receive no credit.....Thank you!

Do the electrodes spark?

no they do not, I checked what I believe is the main box, no codes seem to be present
I can see fuel mist through the sight hole

I would say you have a bad ignition control then or a wire broken from the electrodes to the ignition control box. Can you check the wiring?