HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

We own a Tempstar Heat pump. It came with the home we

Customer Question
purchased in December and when...
We own a Tempstar Heat pump. It came with the home we purchased in December and when it is running it the condenser fan motor makes a terrible noise that keeps us awake at night. We called a appliance repair company and they came out and looked at the unit and said that all it needed was a little oil because the bearings were dry. He proceeded to shoot in a couple of drops of oil. Afterwards there was no difference in the noise level and continues to make the terrible noise. I decided to take a look at it myself and discovered that the fan motor was replaced with a GE5KEP39FGN599 motor. On this data plate on the side of the motor they call out either a run or start capacitor (does not say which) I suspect a run capacitor as the symptoms I am seeing match what an open or missing run capacitor is. Whomever put this motor in shorted the capacitor wiring together to make this work. Can you help?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/5/2016
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 2 years ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU a very experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now.

Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money.

Lastly the only way to credit me "APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU" is to STAR RATE my post......NOT another TECHS when we are finished otherwise I will receive no credit.....Thank you!

Do you see a picture of a wiring diagram anywhere on it?

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer