Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have HC41AE193A fan blower motor in Carrier Heat Pump. Not

Customer Question

I have HC41AE193A fan blower motor in Carrier Heat Pump. Not sure if motor burnt out or controller not sending proper voltages. I see ~230VAC across start cap. Should motor turn round regardless of voltage on taps? Does controller need to do something specific with Hi-Med-Lo taps? How can I test motor on garage floor? Of course house is single-phase ~230VAC. Need to decide if problem is motor or controller. Thanks for any assistance.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to help answer your question(s). Please provide all the information I ask for since I'm not onsite. At the end of our dialog you will be asked to rate my service, but please wait until then and all your question(s) have been answered satisfactorily. If you are not satisfied, I'd appreciate it if you'd tell me why before leaving a negative rating and allow me to continue to work with you until we are able to both agree on an outcome to follow. Thanks for your business!

Is this a 240 volt motor?

Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Never mind, I just looked it up by part number. It is 230 volt. Yes, it could be tested in garage, if you have 230 volts out there.

Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Did you have all the information you need here? Please let me know so that, otherwise, we can close question out.