HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a G9T06010UPB13C furnace. The inducer will start when…

Customer Question
Hello, I have a Coleman G9T06010UPB13C...
I have a Coleman G9T06010UPB13C furnace. The inducer will start when called for heat. The flame lights and the blower goes to low and will run for about 10 min. Then the system starts to making a clicking noise near the gas flow valve. I'm not sure if it could be a capacitor but the gas will then shut off and the blower also shuts down. I replaced the flame sensor thinking it may be that. The Control board flashes three time says that the pressure switch is the issue but if it was the pressure switch wouldn't it not turn on?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
3/4/2016
HVAC Technician: Gaztech, HVAC Technician replied 2 years ago
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician

Is that a 2 stage furnace?

1 stage 90% furnace

Did you check outside for flue obstructions

It's clear also disconnected exhaust pipe from inducer and there was no water and no debris present

After 10 min it shuts down, could be High limit switch, How is the air flow? could be dirty filter, or obstructed blower wheel, or a dirty air conditioning coil above your furnace

Is blower speed set at Med or high, cant be on low

I'll have to check the coil. We had the system cleaned at the beginning of the season. But it sounds like the high limit switch is tripping
I changed the filter. The speed of the blower is automatic not sure how I can change that

Dont forget that the coil need to be cleaned from underneath and not on top. drill a hole or make access door and check with small miror and flashlight

Please DONT forget to rate our conversation when we are all done so I can get paid for my services.

Please dont leave negative feedback, I am there to help you.

Did you get my last messages? system is a little weird,

Fan speed is selected at furnace control board,

Find terminal Heat on the control board in bottom compartment of your furnace, there you should have a blue wire on it, a black wire on the Cool terminal,