HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

The thermostat reads 70, but the room temp is 59. I noticed

Customer Question

Hello, the thermostat reads 70, but the room temp is 59.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: I noticed the cool temp this morning when I got up. Since I have been back the last 2 hours, I have not heard the furnace.
JA: Is there anything else the HVAC Technician should be aware of?
Customer: That is all that I have noticed
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. You have to supply a rating in order for us techs to receive credit for our time as we have nothing to do with any payment made to the site.

If that is happening check the batteries on the thermostat and change them it may be as simple as that, if you do not have a battery powered thermostat you may have something wrong with the furnace, so I would go and check the control board inside the furnace to see if any error codes are flashing on it and report back to me.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately I couldn't unscrew the doors to the unit, so I am not able to read the panel
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Can you get someone to the house that can?