HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

The thermostat reads 70, but the room temp is 59. I noticed…

Customer Question
Hello, the thermostat reads...

Hello, the thermostat reads 70, but the room temp is 59.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.

I noticed the cool temp this morning when I got up. Since I have been back the last 2 hours, I have not heard the furnace.

Contractor's Assistant: Is there anything else the HVAC Technician should be aware of?

That is all that I have noticed

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/3/2016
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 2 years ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. You have to supply a rating in order for us techs to receive credit for our time as we have nothing to do with any payment made to the site.

If that is happening check the batteries on the thermostat and change them it may be as simple as that, if you do not have a battery powered thermostat you may have something wrong with the furnace, so I would go and check the control board inside the furnace to see if any error codes are flashing on it and report back to me.

Unfortunately I couldn't unscrew the doors to the unit, so I am not able to read the panel

Can you get someone to the house that can?