HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Ruud water heater with eco / control health / 24v / and

Customer Question
water temp lamps all flashing...
ruud water heater with eco / control health / 24v / and water temp lamps all flashing in loc mode
model HE119-199N
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/3/2016
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 2 years ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. You have to supply a rating in order for us techs to receive credit for our time as we have nothing to do with any payment made to the site.

Have you tried to shut power off to the unit for a full minute to reset the controL?

What error code comes up on the unit?

the four lamps I wrote in initial question all flash
wont come out of LOC mode with the four lamps flashing with the LOC almost in a stobe effect
what should I test on control board to see if its a bad board

Do you not have a display on your unit? It shows it for the model you listed? Or does the display just say LOC?

when you hit red reset button inducer motor starts up for 5 sec and shuts back off and LOC never leaves the display
just says LOC
model HE119-199N
serial 1204t5392n

OK you have a bad controller...go to page 17 and see if you can get it in test mode, if not replace the controller, the code is probably LOU as seen on page 25 as well, common issue.

CLICK HERE

I would like you to know that I am APPLIANCEGURU a tech that works for the site, the payment you made to the site is not automatically credited to me nor do I receive all of the payment you made. The only way I receive any credit at all for my time is by you selecting a STAR using the 5 STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave for me so please make sure you are rating me not another tech. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

do you have a part # ***** controller?

SP15133F