HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Honeywell thermostat and trane furnace, flame symbol came on…

Customer Question
Honeywell thermostat and trane...

Honeywell thermostat and trane furnace good morning

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Flame symbol came on thermostat, which was never on before during the heating cycle, also smells now coming from the furnace. This is the same smell as when you start the furnace

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
3/3/2016
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 2 years ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. You have to supply a rating in order for us techs to receive credit for our time as we have nothing to do with any payment made to the site.

The flame symbol just means it is in heating mode when it is solid on and if it is flashing it is waiting for the unit to start up. If it is flashing that could be from trying to cycle it too fast. Normally the flame icon is on when it is heating is it possible you never noticed it? This is pretty normal nothing to worry about.

I would like you to know that I am APPLIANCEGURU a tech that works for the site, the payment you made to the site is not automatically credited to me nor do I receive all of the payment you made. The only way I receive any credit at all for my time is by you selecting a STAR using the 5 STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave for me so please make sure you are rating me not another tech. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Sir,I have a real problem. I already searched the internet about the flame and came to the same response. This flame was not on before and now it is on. Please do not google search and re-iterate on here to me. My furnace is not heating the house at all, it smells as it does when it first starts. There is no heat or air blowing to the vents. Please advise

WHat is the model number of the thermostat, I am just stating the flame icon is typically very normal but give me the model of the thermostat please.

Thank you, ***** ***** that and did read that as well, but I can assure you I had this problem two days ago reset the power and it worked and heated without the Icon coming on. I can not find the model number, I took it off and looked at the back and nothing is listed. The model number for my Trane furnace isTWV030B140A1

I really need the thermostat model to assist as I need to see what one you have to give you proper help on the flame icon and the furnace issue itself. The model is on the back of the thermostat where the wiring connects.

I took it off and there is not a number there, I will continue checking

ok