HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Tried to fix my furnace mysef. noticed the Black wire from…

Customer Question
Hi- Tried to fix...
Hi- Tried to fix my furnace mysef. noticed the Black wire from the ACB (Main Bower motor) is not connected to anything... Where on the WHite Rodgers Control board # ***** woud this Back wire go to?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/3/2016
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 2 years ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Let me see if I have a wiring diagram.Tell me where other motor wires are connected

Red goes to "Park" E28; Blue goes to "Park" E27
The rest are capped / back taped...

Black is HIGH speed. Usually goes to COOL. Do you have a HEAT and a COOL terminal on board?

Is there currently a wire to each?

Or is there a jumper from Heat to COOL?

There's a "Cool H" and a "Heat H" terminal (2 total) that had a white jumper between them. So does the Black Blower wire tap into that place too?
Are you still there? Yes- there's a jumper between the "Cool H" & "Heat H" terminals.Boes the Black ACB Blower wire tap into that same place too??
Hello!!! Are you there??

The motor wires are as follows:
Black =High

Blue+MED

Orange =Med Lo

Red = low

Depending on heating and cooling requirements the speeds are selected using different colors.If your system need same speed for heat and cool only one speed wire will go to The COOL terminal with a jumper between HEAT and COOL.

If you need different speeds for heat and cool, the jumper is removed and one speed wire to each of the terminals.

There are only 2 park terminals for unused speed wires so the extra has to be taped off.

You can remove the jumper and place the black on COOL and Orange on heat if you want two different speeds for heat and cool. See diagram below

Hmm... No Orange wire from Blower. Just White, Black, Red,& Blue... So I jumpered the Black Fan Motor wire onto where the Jumper on the Cool / Heat Terminals, adn it seems to be working now!! THANK YOU, ***** *****!!

If you have further questions, please let me know.

Thanks for letting me work with you.If my answer has been polite, professional,and thorough, please click one of the ratings before you go. If you still need help let me know!.Expert is not paid for assisting you until you rate answer.Feel free to follow up for 30 days at no additional cost. Bonus always appreciated if you feel justified.

To rate answer, please select one of the stars below.

airheatman
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician