HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

We have a Rheem 81v52dt water heater; how do I raise the…

Customer Question
we have a Rheem 81v52dt...
we have a Rheem 81v52dt water heater; how do I raise the temperature?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
3/2/2016
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 2 years ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Looks like this is an electric water heater. To adjust the temp you need to remove the top and bottom access panels, then the insulation behind the cover. You will then see the thermostat which has a small dial that you turn with a small straight screwdriver. You can do this without turning the power off but you need to be careful to not touch any of the electrical connections. If you're not comfortable with this then you'll have to turn the power off to the heater at the circuit breaker panel first.

How did it go? Were you able to adjust the temp?