HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I can't get heat on my two upstairs bed rooms un less I put…

Customer Question
I can't get heat...

I can't get heat on my two upstairs bed rooms un less I put them on manual I keep bleeding them but no air comes out unit is about 2o years old put in 2 new thermostats Did not help no body seems to find the problem one person said the wireing is not right

Contractor's Assistant: Sometimes HVAC issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The HVAC Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the HVAC Technician should be aware of?

Not right now

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
3/2/2016
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 2 years ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, tell me what the boiler water pressure is at the boiler, send me a few pictures of the boiler, taken from different sides etc so i can see what the piping issues are.

So far it sounds like there is air in system, and...also that the boiler water pressure is too low to allow water to reach the upper floors, I also need to know the elevation from the boiler to the highest radiator approximately.

This above is only *one of the issues.

The fact that you can get hot water circulation to the upper floor radiators by manually operating the thermostat, refutes my air in the system, low water pressure assumption and makes the issue purely an electrical controls issue.

To that end I need the brand and model number of the thermostat or control that you must set on manual to get heat, some photo's of that wiring will also be useful.

You can use the paper clip icon at the right end of the dialog box tool bar to attach the photo's.

We can go from there.

I don't have camera to take pictures. I am no good on sending pictures via email . I can do much better dealing with the manufacture direct. Please revers the chargers. I did not know you would charge me. doing this on the computer and phone is too much trouble for me

I understand, I have put a refund request in for you.

Good luck with getting the repairs you need.