Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as a licensed oil & gas technician.
94766

Install a propane furnance heil model f,g 9mxe 2015 july,

Customer Question

install a propane furnance heil model f,g 9mxe 2015 july, from jan. 15 2016 to feb 23 used 168 gallons of propane is this normal for the time of year Augusta, wv Jerry
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Could be completely normal given the time of year. How much you use also depends on the size of your house and how well insulated it is and if you use a programmable thermostat. If the furnace is functioning normally (no problems) then the usage probably has nothing to do with the furnace

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1200 sg ft 2 story insulated well keep at 68, seems usaged is high for high effency furnance
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

The furnace runs when there is a demand for heat. So if it's functioning normally then the gas you burned is what was needed to offset the house's hea tloss for that time. "Usage seems high" is a subjective assessment. To determine how it compares you would have to look at a similar time period with the same degree days with your old unit then compare the usage. I understand you expected better but you've given me no indication that anything is wrong.