HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Contol is factory programed.cannot be used in differrent…

Customer Question
contol is factory programed.cannot be...
contol is factory programed.cannot be used in differrent model fancoil
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/1/2016
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 2 years ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

What is your question?

Replaced evaporator motor powerhead 4 months ago and now thermostat displays controllers factory program can be used in different model Form

1. Did you have the control programmed or the furnace before installing or by an OEM replacement head?

2. Did it work properly for 4 months after replacing and all of a sudden give this message?

3.What is model on thermostat?

the head was programmed by total line and it did run for four months

Ok either the controller has gone out again or your control board is failing.

From Manual:24. During the equipment learning process, “UNIT IS FACTORY PROGRAMMED AND CANNOT BE USED WITH DIFFERENT MODEL FAN COIL” appears on the User Interface screen. What does this mean? This message appears when the blower motor coil cannot communicate with the fan coil control board. Inspect the blower wiring harness for loose or faulty connections. If this does not resolve the problem, the fan coil control board or blower motor module may be defective.