HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Wiring a General Humidifier to my Lennox furnace. On the…

Customer Question
Wiring a General Humidifier...

Wiring a General Humidifier to my Lennox furnace. On the control board I have two HUM terminals?

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

What HUM terminal or does it matter?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
3/1/2016
HVAC Technician: Tim H., HVAC Professional replied 2 years ago
Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need. Please be patient as many times we work with several customers at once.

These can either be low voltage terminals or high voltage (120 volts) depending on the model. First you need to determine which they are. If you set furnace to heat and measure voltage across these terminals, this will help determine how to wire.