BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

I have a hot air oil burner. It includes an air purifier in

Customer Question

I have a hot air oil burner. It includes an air purifier in the duct, I need to remove it and don't know if it includes permissives that allow the burner gun to work. How do I remove it from the circuit so the gun operates?
JA: Sometimes HVAC issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The HVAC Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the HVAC Technician should be aware of?
Customer: The oil pump motor doesn't even try to operate, and I don't know if its because of the purifyer.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

The filter is dependent on furnace operation, but the furnace is NOT dependent on the filter.

You will be able to remove and terminate any wiring without any recourse to the furnace itself.

It is the furnace that enables power to the filter so you can remove with no change to furnace. If you can post pics I can assist further....but pretty much you just go to opposite end of wire from filter and disconnect

Billy