HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

The circulating pump is working, both sides are hot, but…

Customer Question
the circulating pump is working...
the circulating pump is working, both sides are hot, but water is not circulating in the baseboards
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/29/2016
HVAC Technician: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 2 years ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Hi Byron.............do you hear water flowing through?

I CANNOT TELL IF WATER IS FLOWING, the pump is making a humming sound, could be plugged
can calcium deposits form in the line and plug up the pump ?
it sounded like cavitation for a few seconds then the humming
I replaced the motor/pump unit 12 months ago with a new one. its a taco 007-F5

what I was alluding to is if you hear the water flowing through then there is air in the system and needs to be bled ...............have you done that ?.....if you don't hear anything then it should be working...........the other thing is sometimes it is hard to tell if the baseboards are working sufficiently by touch .............so as a test turn the thermostats all the way up and then see if you notice a difference

thanks

eddie

it is odd because you hear it running..........and not making a strange noise?.......you are getting heat .........there are no leaks right?........any corrosion deposits even minute that you see?