HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

We have a bang and olufsen telephone which is about 30 years…

Customer Question
we have a bang and...
we have a bang and olufsen telephone which is about 30 years old. we recently moved and it has not been used for about 1 year. it no longer works in our new home. we replaced the batteries. help me out.
cliff boeckman
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
2/28/2016
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 2 years ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now.

Does it do anything at all?

it will show a few numbers on the upper panel. it has no dial tone

Are you certain the phone cable that is hooked up to it works? Can you try a different phone to make sure?

it will show a few numbers in the upper panel which then disappear. it has no dial tone.

Have you checked the battery connection carefully for any broken wires or corrosion?

have connected it to 2 outlets and it does the same thing

The issue then is the internal board is corrupted, the problem is there are no parts for the unit so really it can not be repaired I am afraid to say, please do not kill the messenger. You would have to purchase another one.

I would like you to know that I am a tech that works for the site, the payment you made to the site is not fully credited, further the only way I actually receive any payment for my time by the site is by you selecting a STAR using the 5 STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks