HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Nordyne Model C7BAM01824C- is flashing an open limit switch…

Customer Question
Nordyne Model C7BAM01824C-B is flashing...
Nordyne Model C7BAM01824C-B is flashing an open limit switch fault. I have already replaced the circuit board per a techs diagnosis on this site and still have the same fault code. Jumping the red to the the white on the thermostat controls will turn both the red and green solid but nothing will turn on...suggestions?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
2/28/2016
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 2 years ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now.

Yes ok you have about 3 limits around the burner area. Some may have a reset button on them that you can push others may may not. In the case of ones that do not you can jumper the 2 wires to them together and try it to find the bad one or use an ohm meter as all of them should have continuity between the two connections to each of them. You are looking for something that looks like these. Also once found and reset or replaced check the filter and exhaust ports to make sure everything is clean and clear. Also make sure the main blower is coming on and running as all of these things not working or dirty could cause the unit to overheat and trip the limits

CLICK HERE

I would like you to know that I am a tech that works for the site, the payment you made to the site is not fully credited to me, further the only way I actually receive any payment for my time by the site is by you selecting a STAR using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

I have done all the steps before, jumped every sensor and still light flashes green with no red illumination. Everything turns on normally until it gets to the ignition stage.

DO you have the wiring diagram for it and can you take a picture of it and upload it here, I can have you bypass them right at the board then

Yes I need the wiring diagram a clear pic of the whole diagram

Ok I jumped the blue wires directly on the board and everything fired. I followed the blues and noticed one runs down into the bottom of the unit where the main blower is. Is there another switch in the blower that could be causing the fault?

You may have another switch you have to check the wiring diagram or a wire is broken in the limit circuit it is one of the two for sure.

Got it. Must have been either a dirty sensor underneath. Cleaned them all and everything fired up

Great!

I would like you to know that I am a tech that works for the site, the payment you made to the site is not fully credited, further the only way I actually receive any payment for my time by the site is by you selecting a STAR using the 5 STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks