HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a takagi tm1 that makes a buzzing/humming noise when…

Customer Question
I have a takagi tm1...
I have a takagi tm1 that makes a buzzing/humming noise when I press the reset button, the fan does not come on and of coarse the pilot does not ignite. it possibly sounds like the valve on the lower left side when you are looking at the mounted unit.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
2/28/2016
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 2 years ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now.

The buzzing is likely from the transformer on the unit. Can you see the transformers on it, they often go bad causing that issue. Part #5 and 6 on page 30/31 at this link then basically nothing will work

CLICK HERE

I would like you to know that I am a tech that works for the site, the payment you made to the site is not fully credited to me, further the only way I actually receive any payment for my time by the site is by you selecting a STAR using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

The noise I hear is on the bottom left and the transformer you are talking about is on the bottom right. So no thats not it.

Since I am not there seeing or hearing what you are can you describe the noise or snap a picture of the area exactly and point to what you think is making the noise and upload it here?