HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My thermostatis RTHL3550D. when i turn on the heater the…

Customer Question
my thermostatis RTHL3550D . when...
my thermostatis RTHL3550D . when i turn on the heater the furance lights up and blows heat. then it shuts down after heating the house up to temp. but after it shuts down the thermostat tries to make it come back on to maintain the temp too soon . how do i set a longer cool down time?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
2/27/2016
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 2 years ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

How much difference is there when it comes back on.(EX thermostat set for 74. How cool does it have to get to come back on?)

ABOUT TWO DEGREES

The only control on the RTHL3550D that is adjustable is the heat cycle rate.

In installer setup menu functions 5 and 6 control this. Do you know how to get ti installer setup menu to check this? If you have gas heat we will set to 5

See pages 16 and 17 in manual below:

https://customer.honeywell.com/resources/techlit/TechLitDocuments/69-0000s/69-2584ES.pdf

Some of the higher end thermostats offer a differential adjustment up to 5 degrees, but the 3550 doesn't offer that feature.

One other thing you might do is remove thermostat from wall and seal the hole where wires come through wall as often cool attic air will draft down and give thermostat a false reading.

I have to leave for a bit, but will check in when I get back to see if you have further questions.

If you have further questions, please let me know.

Thanks for letting me work with you.If my answer has been polite, professional,and thorough, please click one of the ratings before you go. If you still need help let me know!.Expert is not paid for assisting you until you rate answer.Feel free to follow up for 30 days at no additional cost. Bonus always appreciated if you feel justified.

To rate answer, please select one of the stars below.

Leaving a poor service rating will not automatically refund your money,but reflects poorly on your expert. You have to request a refund if not satisfied with the information provided being accurate.