HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Have a gmh95. Ignitor glows and lights but blue flame goes…

Customer Question
Have a gmh95. Ignitor...

Have a gmh95. Ignitor glows and lights but blue flame goes out after a few seconds. Used to happen every so often. Sometimes I would heat the house up and then turn it off so when I went back a few hours later it would light up.

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Not sure what else I can say. Ran great for 3 years when we first moved in. Last month it started to not work. Checked the window where you see the flame and alls I see it do is glow, then it the blue flame ignites but then it goes out.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
2/26/2016
HVAC Technician: Tim H., HVAC Professional replied 2 years ago
Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to help answer your question(s). Please provide all the information I ask for since I'm not onsite. At the end of our dialog you will be asked to rate my service, but please wait until then and all your question(s) have been answered satisfactorily. If you are not satisfied, I'd appreciate it if you'd tell me why before leaving a negative rating and allow me to continue to work with you until we are able to both agree on an outcome to follow. Thanks for your business!

Have you tried cleaning the flame sensor?

I just want my money back. I was under the impression I wouldn't be charged until I was satisfied and it immediately charged me

Your money goes into an account and then when question is complete, you hit "accept" and technician gets paid.

Ok well I don't believe that it should be as simple as you click a button and my PayPal is reimbursed. But since you already have my money I'll use ur service. As far as cleaning the flame sensor I don't even know how to get into this thing. There seems to be no access points

Give me a minute to look up the GMH

The upper panel must come off, with 2 thumbscrews. Then locate the burners

No thumb screws. Flathead

Yes, you can either turn by hand or use a slotted screwdriver.

Is the panel u are referring to above the panel with the window

Yes

I see coils

Shouldn't see coils. The burner compartment is what you want. Right above the blower compartment which will be at bottom of furnace on an upflow furnace.

Ok well I asked if the panel was the one above the panel with the window and u said yes. I'll just call sumone

There is a small window in blower compartment. Thought that's what you were referring to.

I don't know what a blower compartment is. If I did there's a good chance we wouldn't be having this conversation. I want to end this
Seriously I don't want your help give me my money back