HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

M3RL060abw downflow vent motor gets extremely hot. Stack…

Customer Question
M3RL060abw downflow vent motor...

M3RL060abw downflow vent motor gets extremely hot. Stack limit switch trips but vent motor housing and vent pipe seem normal. Vent pipe is 2 inch PVC app. 12ft long with 4 90,s

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.

Vent motor pulls normal amps but motor gets hot. could this heat be transfered to housing and trip limit?

Contractor's Assistant: Sometimes HVAC issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The HVAC Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the HVAC Technician should know?

Everything else seems normal

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
2/26/2016
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 2 years ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now.

Are you sure it is blowing out air good and strong and you have no blockages?

I would like you to know that I am a tech that works for the site, the payment you made to the site is not fully credited to me, further the only way I actually receive any payment for my time by the site is by you selecting a STAR using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks