HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My thermostat is not turning the furnace on, I noticed the…

Customer Question
My thermostat is not...

My thermostat is not turning the furnace on

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I noticed the display in the thermostat was blank. I removed it from the wall and noticed there were no batteries however it had been displaying properly. I put batteries in and the display came back but it does not seem to be working the furnace. I tried turning the temp up and waiting a few minutes and nothing

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
2/26/2016
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 2 years ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now.

Can you get at the wiring to the thermostat?

Ok connect the REd to the White wire and see if the heat comes on

I would like you to know that I am a tech that works for the site, the payment you made to the site is not fully credited to me, further the only way I actually receive any payment for my time by the site is by you selecting a STAR using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks