HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I am constantly having to clean the dirt sensor opening

Customer Question
because the blue light keeps...
I am constantly having to clean the dirt sensor opening because the blue light keeps coming on. I vacuum every day and don't see how this should be happening. What can I do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
2/26/2016
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 2 years ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now.

This is common and you need to clean the sensor off or replace the sensor.

• Pull on the bag cover release latch, and remove the bag cover from the vacuum cleaner body. The latch is located on the front of the machine.

• Hold the top of the bag, and gently pull on it to remove it from the bag holder. The bag holder is a small circular tab on the vacuum cleaner body. The two dirt sensors are located within the circular tab.

• Wipe off the dirt sensors with a cloth to remove accumulated dirt and dust. Do not use cleaning agents to clean the sensors as they may degrade the sensors.

• Replace the dust bag and the bag cover, and use the vacuum cleaner as normal.

I am just a tech and payment for our work is on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

I would like you to know that I am a tech that works for the site, the payment you made to the site is not fully credited to me, further the only way I actually receive any payment for my time by the site is by you selecting a STAR using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks