HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a Honeywell VisionPRO IAQ and EIM system, and while…

Customer Question
Hello Pearl, my name...

Hello Pearl, my name is Aaron

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.

I have a Honeywell VisionPRO IAQ and EIM system, and while taking off the thermostat cover to look into replacement, when replacing it I can't get the screen to turn on

Contractor's Assistant: Are you ready to speak with the HVAC Technician now?

Yes

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
I have checked the transformer and fuse within the furnace itself. I am getting 24V out of the furnace and into the EIM module, however I'm only reading 8.7 volts at the wires running out to the thermostat itself (3 wire run from EIM to thermostat)
I can jumper the red and white within the EIM to get the furnace to fire, but I can't seem to figure out why I'm not getting the screen to power up
2/24/2016
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 2 years ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now.

You may have blown the low voltage fuse on the board in the furnace. If you have a wire connected to the C terminal on the thermostat, go to the furnace and remove the panels. Gain access to the board where all the wires attach. Locate the slot fuse on the board...CLICK HERE...if your fuse is good and you only have 8 volts from there check the wiring to the thermostat you may have a break or you may just have a defective thermostat.

I am just a tech and payment for our work is on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

I figured it out, thanks for your help though.

OK no problem