HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Fan is blowing into the house but that's it. Condenser…

Customer Question
Fan is blowing into the...
Fan is blowing into the house but that's it. Condenser fan comes on. But there is a manifold before the compressor with an electrical connection that is humming. What is this and can this b the problem
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
2/22/2016
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 2 years ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

What is model on unit?

Don't know of top of my head. I can get it when I get off.

That will be fine.If you could take a pic of this manifold you are referring to would also be helpful.

I have the pictures but can't attach them. Is there a number I can send them to?

If you have a paper clip icon on your page you can attach using that link.Or

You can upload the pictures using the tiny pic site .

Here is a link to the site.

http://tinypic.com/

Click on Browse , select the file from your folder.then click UPLOAD NOW.

They will give you a quote to enter in the box to verify you are a human.Enter the quote and click UPLOAD NOW

You will see your picture on right side of screen.

Then copy the link URL for email & IM

Paste that link here on the site.

I think they went through

OK that is the reversing valve which changes the flow of refrigerant for heat or cool.It will not effect the compressor coming on.