Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as a licensed oil & gas technician.
94766

We have a water leak at the bottom of our Noritz tankless

Customer Question

We have a water leak at the bottom of our Noritz tankless water heater. It appears to be out of the middle pipe coming out of the bottom of the unit. The water is not spraying,m just leaking.
The water in the shower is not heating.
There is also the smell of gas when we open the garage door from the house into the garage.
Can you advise us?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Given your description you need to turn the gas and the water off to your water heater and unplug it (or turn the breaker off if it's hard wired). Call a plumber tomorrow to check this out. It's not safe t use it in the mean time