HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a lockout due to open limit. What does that mean?

Customer Question
I have a lockout...

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.

The thermostat is set at 70 but our house is always at 63. The error I get says lockout due to open limit. We recently had our ducts cleaned.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
2/21/2016
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 2 years ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

What it means is that either the furnace got too hot or there is a device/switch in the limit circuit that's not closed. The limit is the high temp sensor. It could also be a rollout switch that's open.