HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

My name is ***** *****. I have a boiler question, I had to

Customer Question

Hi - My name is ***** *****. I have a boiler question
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I had to turn off my main water valve for an hour this morning Water is back on, but I have no heat or hot water Buderus boiler says P10 H7
JA: OK got it. Last thing — HVAC Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now.

Have you tried to turn the power off to the unit for a minute and turn it back on to clear the code?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yeah - I did. But I realized that I had turned the two valves underneath the boiler off
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just turned those back on. I still have the P12 H7 code
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But now, the LED under the flame icon is on.
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

That code is a low pressure code what is the system pressure?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It looks like it's 12
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
12 Psi according to the valve
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Yes that is low can you add water to the system to raise the pressure?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sure- how do I do that?
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Somewhere in your system you have fill valve/prv and a back flow preventer. It usually connects between the expansion tank and air eliminator. There is a lever that will allow you to manually add water to your system. If adding water to your system becomes a regular event, you have a leak that should be addressed. Adding a gallon or so a year is not such a big deal. You need about 18-20PSI...if you have a big leak you have a bigger issue just so you are aware.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks