HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I am adding a wireless thermostat to a new zone I have

Customer Question
Hi. I am adding...
Hi. I am adding a wireless thermostat to a new zone I have added. The Taco furnace controller has 6 zones. I only use up 4 of those now. I have hooked up an EIM (THM5320) to my Taco controller by connecting 24V to the EIM with one pair of wires and with a second pair I went from the W and C terminals on EIM to the thermostat input on the Taco Controller. The TIM powers up and successfully connects to the thermostat. The thermostat thinks the link is fine. I ran a test mode where it calls for heat. I can see on the TIM the red LED indicating heat. But it does not seem to trigger the relay in the Taco controller to start the circulator pump in that zone.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
2/20/2016
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 2 years ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Try R & W to the Taco relay (SR506?)

You can see I used the blue and white pair to bring 24V up from the Taco to power the EIM. I used Orange and white to Bring W down from the EIM to the Taco. I used the white half of the Orange and White tied to Common.

I'd move the orange & white to R from C on the EIM.

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer