Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Amana ams90703bxa apparently in lockout mode. Was clicking

Customer Question

Amana ams90703bxa apparently in lockout mode. Was clicking but not starting up and now there is nothing, no light to the LED.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Furnace wasn't running at all yesterday. There was a clicking sound but the fans wouldn't start. LED was on yesterday but now there seems to be no power getting to the circuit board
JA: Is there anything else the HVAC Technician should be aware of?
Customer: not that I know of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to help answer your question(s). Please provide all the information I ask for since I'm not onsite. At the end of our dialog you will be asked to rate my service, but please wait until then and all your question(s) have been answered satisfactorily. If you are not satisfied, I'd appreciate it if you'd tell me why before leaving a negative rating and allow me to continue to work with you until we are able to both agree on an outcome to follow. Thanks for your business!

You say the furnace appears not to be getting power. Have you checked breaker? Blower door on tight? How about 3 amp fuse on circuit board?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've checked all of those. There is power to the unit. When holding the door switch I had power and clicking early this morning with the led light on. Now there is no light and no clicking at all. I have a spare circuit board and changed it out, same situation.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there a reset that I am unaware of to at least get the led to flash some trouble codes?
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

No reset. When you say you checked fuse on board, did you pull it out, examine the side?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I checked the fuse.
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

OK, need you to take some voltage readings. Are you equipped to do that?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not immediately, and the furnace is in the basement and the computer on the 2nd floor.
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

OK, well that would be the next step. I will have you take voltage readings and get back to me. No need to do that right this minute, as question will remain open till we figure out the problem.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Since the furnace was clicking and not starting up earlier do you have a guess on what part may have failed? I'm likely not going to be able to get the voltage meter and be able to check things thoroughly until tomorrow.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
would the question still be open then?
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, it will. I hate to guess as there are so many possibilities what might be wrong. Troubleshooting is a step by step process and if we're going to arrive at a solution, we need to go through this step by step.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK it's late in the day and my wife will be wanting my attention soon, how do I reopen the question tomorrw?
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Best way is to just bookmark the page and come back to it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok just did that. thanks
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

OK

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Off for now,
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Talk later