HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I have a rheem ugdg-12earjr My heat wasn't working right.

Customer Question
Air went cool intermittently and...
I have a rheem ugdg-12earjr My heat wasn't working right. Air went cool intermittently and heater seemed like wasn't responding correctly.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Hvac guy replaced igniter for 350. Don't help. Told me bad board. I bought one on Amazon and it's not working right When the thermostat calls for heat it does not power on fan. The fan will turn on whe. I bypass the board with the 120 from the door switch. Problem is the new board is slightly diff
JA: OK got it. Last thing — HVAC Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
2/20/2016
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 1 year ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now.

Is the burner coming on and running?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Problem is that the new circuit board has four San plugs. One for Pool one for heat one for fan one for him one and one for him t problem is that the new circuit board has five Fan plugs. One for Cool one for heat one for fan one for M one and one for M2
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My old circuitboard did not have a fan plugged it just had the other four. When I turn on fan on the thermostat I get 120 V signal on the fan plug. However when I turn on heat the fan doesn't turn on the heater ignites but then turns off after a minute I believe the thermal sensor is shutting it off. I can't figure out why my fan is not turning on when I activate heat.

Ok I am not sure I am following you on this are you sure you have the right board and follower the instructions?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm now going to try and activate heat by jumping r 2W instead of using the thermostat

yes that should work

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I can give you the model number of my heater and the model number of the new board. Would you be able to check and see if I have the right board

Yes please do

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Rheem. ugdg-12earjr

62-24268-03

That is the board

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The new board is icm288
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i think the icm 288 may not work for me. Is that correct

Yes that is not the right board and what are the first two digits of the serial

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Cw
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That's a real bummer. I installed it and everything .... I will order the 62-24268-03
Guess I got bad info on he board I needed in the web
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I thought my board was 62-24048-82. I think u have found the problem

Yes you need the correct board for the unit double check with serial that you are getting the right one, you have the wrong board.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How do I double check w the serial. I really haven't found a reliable way to determine the correct board number I found a number now on the back of board 204394
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Seems to have some hits online. Does that help

This one should be it, **IMPORTANT!!!** THIS BOARD IS FOR USE WITH RHEEM, RUUD EQUIPMENT MODEL NUMBERS WHICH HAVE A SERIAL NUMBER BEGINNING IN: CY, DC, DF, DG, DH!*

CLICK HERE

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is that the warning for the board I bought

That is the warning for that board, that is a different one from what you bought though you have the wrong one.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
One last question. I can't b sure but It looks like there is no m2 fan wire attachment on the board number u gave me. There is one on my old board. Any suggestions on what to do w m2 wire

There are instructions with the board it will be there for sure,

HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH