HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Dear Bill, The fire on the furnace is off. I tried both

Customer Question
Dear Bill, The fire...

Dear Bill, The fire on the furnace is off. I tried both on/off buttons. It didn't helpl The furnace model is 58sta070 Is there anything else I can try?

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

The fire is off. The air blows. The heater doesn't heat.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
2/20/2016
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 2 years ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Try turning the power off to the furnace wait 5 minutes then turn it back on. Tell me what happens. What on/off buttons are you referring to?

I have tried that. There is still no fire. There are two on/off buttons. I switched both of them off and back on.
Is there anything else I can try?

Ok, but I need to know what the furnace does when you turn the power off then back on again. Dose the small fan on the front start up? does the main blower run?

The main blower switches on an off.

You can try resetting the rollout switches (see attached picture for a typical one). They are located just outside the burner chamber. First turn the power off then push the small button between the 2 wires. If it clicks you have reset it and the burner will fire up with any luck when you turn the power back on. If it doesn't click it wasn't tripped.

Is this the on/off button in front of the burner chamber?

It's just outside the chamber. I suppose in front of is one way to describe it. Look for a device similar to what's in the picture with 2 wires and a small button between the wires

I found the device but the button doesn't move or click.

Then it wasn't tripped. Follow the wires connected to it to be sure there are no other similar device(s) in that circuit.

Two similar devices. Tried both. Still no fire.

Then that's about all you can do. The next step is to call in a pro

Ok. Thanks.

You're welcome

Rick
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor