HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a brand new Payne 95% forced air furnace that flashed…

Customer Question
I have a brand new...
I have a brand new Payne 95% forced air furnace that flashed a 14 then 34! Any suggestions?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
2/19/2016
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 2 years ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now.

If it is brand new there may be air still in the gas line. Try to cycle the power off and retry it as the code means:

Code 14 or 34 Ignition Lockout or Ignition Proving Fault
Check to be sure manual shutoff valve in gas supply pipe is in the open position. (Follow start-up procedure if you open gas line.)
NOTE: Turn off the electrical supply and remove access doors before continuing with this checklist.
Check to be sure control switch or knob on gas valve is in ON position. (Follow start-up procedures if you must reset switch or knob to ON.)

Let me know what happens

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Can I call you. The unit runs fine until it completes a cycle most of the time but it seems like over a couple hours time the ignition locks out.
if you want to call me

Have you checked and cleaned off the flame sensor rod, you may have a new defective flame sensor on the unit causing that issue.