HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Gas furnace wont fire and has red light blinking 3 times…

Customer Question
Coleman gas furnace wont...

Coleman gas furnace wont fire and has red light blinking 3 times

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.

I just did

Contractor's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the HVAC Technician should know?

Thats it

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/18/2016
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 2 years ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now.

That is a pressure switch code, check and make sure the inducer fan (exhaust) is coming on and running. Then check the rubber tube that goes to the exhaust motor housing to the pressure switch make sure it is clear, the PORT is clear that it attaches to and the exhaust pipe is clean and try it. Secondly check and make sure the condensate drain is not clogged and water is draining from the unit as these can all cause that issue.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

If there was nothing more I can do for you all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH