HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a Lopi gas heating stove. it's a 1976 Spirit model.

Customer Question
After I light the pilot...
I have a Lopi gas heating stove. it's a 1976 Spirit model. After I light the pilot and wait a few minutes, I then turn the knob to on. The main flame will light for about 10 seconds then go out along with the pilot light. I have put a new thermocoupling and a new thermopile in just recently. Any ideas?
Joe
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
2/18/2016
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 2 years ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Joe first step would be to verify the thermopile is keeping the milivolt signal on terminals at valve.Since new, it probably is. Next check gas pressure into valve.If it is good and we have the 750 milvolts to valve you have a bad gas valve.

I will check some more and get back to you. Thank you, Joe.

Let me know what you find. Also if you have a manometer, if we are maintaining the 750 millivolts at valve, check inlet and outlet pressure at valve.