HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I just purchased a home, and want to update the older

Customer Question
I just purchased a...

I just purchased a home, and want to update the older mercury thermostat, hopefully to a NEst or something like that

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.

But I'm having difficulty determining my current wiring

Contractor's Assistant: Is there anything else the HVAC Technician should be aware of?

Not to my knoweldge, although I'm sure he will have more Q for me.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/17/2016
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 2 years ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

I am happy to assist

What type of system do you have and do you know what wires currently connect to what terminals on existing thermostat?

Also let me know if you turn thermostat to SYSTEM OFF and make sure Fan is in AUTO (NOT ON) mode?

1. Wires should be connected to sub base. possibly on back side

2.Fan staying on is most likely a relay or sequencer issue,not thermostat

I only got the one photo showing mercury bulbs