HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My trance unit on the circuit panel is flashing that there…

Customer Question
My trance unit on the...
My trance unit on the circuit panel is flashing that there is a pressure switch problem. Is there anyway to reset it
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
2/17/2016
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 2 years ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

You can turn the power off to the furnace, wait a minute then turn it back on. If that doesn't reset it then you have a draft issue. The question is do you have a bad switch or a weak fan or a blocked exhaust vent. You can check the vent for blockages and also the vac tubing connected to the switch. Be sure the tubing is not kinked, deteriorated or doesn't have water in it. You can also poke a paper clip into the port where the tubing connects but not into the switch connection. If all of that checks out the next thing we would do is put a manometer on the exhaust to check the actual draft pressure but you aren't likely to have a manometer and they are expensive so replacing the switch is one other option since it's less money than a manometer (or a new draft fan) and it is a likely culprit.

It's a Trane xl 1200 it's is still blinking. Where would the switch be located and where would the exhaust vent be located

You didn't specify the model before. I don't have access to specs for this unit. I'm going to open this up to my colleagues so one of them can help. Please don't respond (even to acknowledge this post)until you get a response from us. If you respond first it will only delay your answer.

HVAC Technician: Brian HVAC Guy, HVAC Technician replied 2 years ago
Brian HVAC Guy
Brian HVAC Guy, HVAC Technician

Hi Troy, I'm Brian and I'm here to help!

With the XL1200 model number, it sounds like you may have a heat pump. Is the flashing led on the indoor or outdoor unit? Is your indoor unit an air handler with electric backup heat or is it a gas furnace?

Thanks

I got it going guess I didn't have it turned off long enough for it to reset

That's good news! I'll turn your question over to CS then. Thanks for using Just Answer!

Best regards,

Brian