HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Burnham boiler Series 2A P205A WNM 17270999, 24 volt,

Customer Question
millivolt, 130,000 BTU boliler has no...
Burnham boiler Series 2A P205A WNM 17270999, 24 volt, millivolt, 130,000 BTU
boliler has no vent damper, no electronic ignition, is gas pilot, Control Center R82B5D, Honeywell R822U relay, Tranformer 40VA, heating system forced hot water 2 zone, one switch relay RA32A 1066 for both circulators:
Can you please show me how to put another switch so there is a switch for each
circulator?
Can you, please tell me how to diagnose if the 40VA transformer is at fault, if I need to.
Can you please tell me how I can diagnose Honey Well limit switch L4080 is at fault if I need to. Please let me know if you can help me, if so how I can pay you with pay pal and
how much.
Thank you, ***** ***** "*****@******.*** Tel(###) ###-####xtn.5301 Thank you
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/17/2016
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 2 years ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

What do you plan to use for the second relay?

I assume you meant your existing relay is an RA832A. Will you use another one?

another RA832A 1066
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Ok, you connect your second pump hot lead to the relay terminal 3 pump neutral to 2 or any other neutral. Thermostat leads for that zone to T & T then X & X to the thermostat terminals on the boiler. These are usually R & G on the transformer relay but you mention millivolt which sounds out of place. That transformer relay is usually only used with 24 volt gas valves. The XX from the existing RA832A should connect to R & G now. The wrinkle here is that you're describing a very old 2 series. So if what I'm suggesting doesn't match up to what you see I need to know.

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed. Gas valve is
VS82OC1373 I do not understand what the service offer is, does this mean more money, I do not want the free trial.

Please direct any payment or subscription questions to customer service. I don't now anything about the promotions they run or subscription issues. You can contact them at

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

I only answer plumbing & heating questions. Do you have any more questions about this wiring? If you want a phone call that is an additional charge. We can continue here if you like

No, thank you, ***** ***** not want to continue., Please do not charge my Pay pal
Rick
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor