HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My armstrong furnace is not lightning. the blower and

Customer Question
My armstrong furnace is...

My armstrong furnace is not lightning. the blower and automatic lighter work but the furnace will not catch. I had the propane tank filled a couple of days ago if that is any help.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.

I have a 10 year old armstrong furnace the ultra V tech 91. I turn the tem up and it will not self ignite. I went to see what the problem was and it trys to ignite, but the big burner will not catch. how can I manually light it.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
2/17/2016
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 2 years ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

If lp tank was low before feeling, you probably have air in line and it needs to be bled.To do this you can make sure area around furnace is ventilated and crack the gas line where it connects to valve until you smell the lp. Let me know and we can go from here.