BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

Gas heater,non electrical,pilot on no gas to burners

Customer Question

coleman gas heater,non electrical,pilot on no gas to burners
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
in floor heater
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can hear clicking noise when touching the two wires ,bypassing the thermostat
gas is on and pilot is on and burning
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

I am very sorry your question has not been picked up yet.

I just logged on and found you had not been assisted.

Please let me know if you still need help and I will do my best. Please do not "Rate" as we have not worked toward an answer yet.

If you would like to proceed let me know by replying. Once again use reply..not "rate".

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
extremely unhappy with this site.took money and no answer .have coleman in floor heater,non electrical,pilot on and burning,no gas to burner, hear clicking when jump wires before they get to thermastat
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is no reply button on this page ,only rating.try answering my question again .
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

if you are familiar with the thermopile...it is the fat rod in the pilot assembly. It generates millivolts for the gas valve...

In this case you have 3 options

no gas

bad gas valve

Bad thermopile

If you have gas then it is down to 2...and the thermopile is much cheaper than the valve to start with