HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a nordyne furnace with a open limit fault, no heat…

Customer Question
I have a nordyne...

I have a nordyne furnace with a open limit fault

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.

No heat the green led is flashing

Contractor's Assistant: Sometimes HVAC issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The HVAC Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the HVAC Technician should know?

Not really thats all the info i have

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
2/17/2016
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 2 years ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

Ok you have about 3 limits around the burner area. Some may have a reset button on them that you can push others may may not. In the case of ones that do not you can jumper the 2 wires to them together and try it to find the bad one or use an ohm meter as all of them should have continuity between the two connections to each of them. You are looking for something that looks like these. Also once found and reset or replaced check the filter and exhaust ports to make sure everything is clean and clear. Also make sure the main blower is coming on and running as all of these things not working or dirty could cause the unit to overheat and trip the limits.

CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks