HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

Is there any way on gods earth that I can get my boiler to

Customer Question
Is there any way on...
Is there any way on gods green earth that I can get my boiler to not be so loud that you can hear it constantly going on and off in the basement to the point that I have to wear earplugs on the first floor . I complained of the technician who actually own the business and he adjusted something and it seemed to help for about three weeks maybe. I'm just so disgusted with this
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
2/17/2016
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 1 year ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

What is so loud on it the blower?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The boiler...not sure of the parts to it. But it's gotten louder the older it gets when the reality it should get quieter,lol!

What does it sound like exactly?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
A bang when it goes on and thenvery loud motor until it shuts off and that's kind allowed to when it shuts off. And then sometimes whistles for a little while when it shuts off

Basically hissing or banging noises from your boiler or heating pipes are caused by the following:

1. Scale in the Heating System
The build up of scale can be treated with a chemical descaler, found at most DIY stores. This involves shutting down the system, adding the product and leaving it to work for a few days. The system then needs to be drained, flushed through and refilled. This can cause 'hot spots' which produce loud bangs from steam bubbles. This can be treated by adding a chemical descaler to the Feed and Expansion Tank, found at most DIY stores. The system then needs to be drained, flushed through and refilled.

2.Boiler Thermostat is Set Too High or is Faulty
Lack of Water or Pressure in the Central Heating System
You will need to double check that the mains water is on. If it is, first turn off your boiler and check your Feed and Expansion Tank - move its metal arm to release the Float valve if it's stuck. Check that the Open Safety-Vent Pipe is correctly installed. Another cause could be that you have Burst of Frozen Pipes.

If the problem is a lack of water pressure, the pressure indicator on your central heating boiler will usually indicate it needs to be increased.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
1)Are these things that would be found during the yearly maintenance check?
2) are any of these things something that should been found the last two times the tech was here. ?
3) I forgot to mention it's Burnham boiler .
4) is it normal to hear loud loudly on the first floor?
5)is it normal to have to wear earplugs because it's so loud?
6) i'm not able to do any of this so I would need an HVAC guy here.
7) it's going on since last year's yearly maintenance but getting progressively louder, does this make sense?
8) so is there any chance that you could quieted down by about 50% and how much do you think this would cost me?Is answer all questions as I need an answer !
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello, sorry about the typos as I'm using a voice recognition system and sometimes don't check my spelling .

I am not sure what exactly you were looking for as no one has gotten back to you.

HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH